Turbidity, suspended solids and organic matter reduction
Company : Samyang
Location : South Korea
Year : 2012
Description : River water filtration to Cooling water makeup
Goal : Turbidity, suspended solids and organic matter reduction
Capacity : 180 m3/hour 3 towers
Water Source : Surface water
The Problems :
- Shortage of good make up water source availability.
- River water contained organic colloidal matter
- Cooling towers were treated with highconcentration of biocides to minimize biologicalfouling
- Cooling towers were treated with high concentrationof chlorine to minimize bacteria count.
Technical Solution :
- River water was filtered with AFM® type 1 and type 0, and then transferred as make up water to all 3 cooling towers.
- Consequently, biocide and chlorine dosing level was significantly reduced in all cooling towers.
- Colloidal and suspended matter levels were reduced by more than an order of magnitude, to significantly below allowed values.
Bacteria Count (CFU/ml)
Suspended Solids (PPM)