Supply of full biological wastewater treatment plant for Stirling landfill site
Company : Stirling Landfill Site – Polmaise
Location : Scotland
Year : 2001
Description : Supply of full biological wastewater treatment plant for landfill leachate
Goal : Reduce Ammonia, COD, BOD and TSS
Capacity : 500 m3/day
Water Source : Landfill Leachate
The Problems :
- The landfill leachate contained high levels of organic materials and ammonia.
- The effluent contaminated the nearby water sources.
- Anaerobic conditions created odor nuisance to the neighboring communities.
Technical Solution :
The following processes were carried out:
- Nutrient Dozing and PH Adjustment.
- Sequential Batch Reactor (SBR): A biological batch process which effectively removes in a few steps (each one with different oxygen conditions) ammonia and organic materials.
- Filtration with a pressure filter using Actived Filter Media (AFM®) Grade 1, at 5 meters/hour filtration velocity
- AFM® – Catalytic Media filtration with coagulation. A polishing stage which removes residual organic and mineral matter. This stage implements our air diffusers.
Similar Applications :
Dryden Aqua’s aeration equipment & AFM® effluent filtration systems for landfill leachate SBR wastewater treatment system are also installed in:
Daily Capacity M3/day
COD In mg/l
COD Out mg/l
Ammonia In mg/l
Ammonia Out mg/l
Arden Quarry, UK